Early Bird Entry Rate - £130 + VAT per category (entries submitted before 5pm on Friday 31 May)
General Entry Rate - £195 + VAT per category (entries submitted after 5pm on Friday 31 May)
In order to make entering as easy as possible we have provided a step-by-step guide to entering as well as some top tips from one of our moderators.
If you have any queries about entering please contact the BCS Brand Team on 01793 417502/436 or email email@example.com
Quick step-by-step process to entering:
1. Read this page for advice and guidance on writing a good entry
2. Add the entry deadline to your outlook calendar.
3. Visit the categories page to determine which category is most suitable. Each category on that page will link through to a detailed description of the criteria and what is required on the entry form. You can enter for more than one category.
4. Start your entry at the Enter Now tab.
5. Submit and pay for your entry by Friday 31 May 2019, 5pm
Things to consider when writing an entry:
- A point to emphasise - applicants will be selected as a finalist as a result of their entry, not as a winner. The UK IT Industry Awards process provides every finalist with an equal opportunity to win and the decision will be made by our judges on the basis of the presentations and personal interviews at the Judging Day in September.
- The screening process looks to provide the best possible list of candidates for the judges to carry out 30 minute face-to-face interviews.
- The initial assessments decide how well the applicants demonstrate they satisfy the four assessment criteria as explained on the Awards website.
- Assessors look for evidence of achievement, not of company PR or product marketing and submissions that are sales or market oriented will get filtered out.
- Does the application represent something new and innovative rather than the same as everyone else is doing? This is an important assessment consideration.
- Is the submission important to the UK and does the applicant (or company) support the UK IT industry. If so, this will help improve the chances of being shortlisted.
- Will BCS want to identify itself with a candidate or company - or vice versa. Applications that support increasing UK IT professionalism are encouraged.
Entry Terms and Conditions
1. The Awards are open to organisations that have a substantial base in the UK, or where the product or service is marketed within the UK. For individual entries, people should work for a substantial portion of their time in the UK.
2. You may enter one or more of the categories.
3. All material submitted will remain confidential.
4. The 80 word overview from winners and finalists, may be published in connection with the Awards.
5. Entries may be withdrawn at any point up to 5 July 2019 upon written request. Please note, however, that entry fees are non-refundable.
6. The judges reserve the right to amend category selections where appropriate.
7. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry not accompanied by the appropriate supporting documentation.
8. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback.
9. BCS/Incisive Media are not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in the evaluation and judging process.
10. Entries not made through the on-line submission system will not be accepted.
11. Finalists will be notified by the 19 August 2018.
12. The winners and medallists of each category will be announced at the presentation of the Awards; under no circumstances will the details be disclosed before that time.
13. Entries received after the final closing date will not be accepted.
14. Entries will only be accepted if accompanied by either the early bird entry administration fee of £130 (+ VAT) or the general entry fee of £195 (+VAT). The fee is payable for each entry made. Entries must be fully completed with supporting documents, if applicable.